Before starting, there are a couple of things you need to do.
1. Download XAMPP and install in your system. Create a folder named wordpress-demo inside C://XAMPP/hdocs.
2. Download the latest version of the WordPress from wordpress.org.
1. Go inside the wordpress-demo folder that you have created and paste the WordPress zip file which you have downloaded.
2. Extract the zip file.
3. You can see a new folder named wordpress has been created.
4. Now just copy all the content inside wordpress folder and paste it in the root folder, i.e. inside wordpress-demo folder.
5. You can delete the wordpress folder now. You can also delete the original wordpress zip file from our root folder it keep it somewhere file for future use. I am deleting all these files as these won’t be necessary further for our installation purpose.
1. Now you have to go to MySQL database. For this, open your web browser and type localhost/phpmyadmin. You will see the main dashboard. You can see the new button on the left sidebar.
2. Create a new database. I have named it wordpress-demo, the same as my folder name to avoid confusion.
1. Now that you have created the new database, just type localhost/wordpress-demo in your web browser. You will see the above screen.
2. Just click on Let’s Go.
3. Now this page is important. Enter your username and password. In localhost, you can just use root as username and password field should be empty. Enter the name of the database. In our case, it’s wordpress-demo.
4. Click on submit and Run the Install.
5. Enter the username and password of the admin panel. In localhost, you can give a weak password. It’s okay, but change it once you put it on the server.
6. After installation, login page will com. Enter the username and password.
7. You can now see the admin panel dashboard. You can click Visit Site to see the real website.
8. The real website.
1. If you want to remove the header image, follow the customize button and click on Customize→ Header Media→ Hide Image.
2. After save and publish, you can see the header image no longer appears.